Skylodge Sacred Valley
The Skylodge Sacred Valley is the first-ever hanging lodge in the world and the only one that offers its visitors one of the most unique ‘up in the air’ experiences. Three transparent pods hang from the side of a cliff face at an altitude of 370m (1200 ft) and each comes equipped with a bedroom, dining area, and private bathroom with eco-toilet and sink. If you are thinking of traveling with friends, it is important to stress the fact that the total capacity offered at the lodge is 8 people.
The 300-degree view of the majestic Sacred Valley that surrounds you does however require some effort, you’ll need to climb up a Via Ferrata and although one of our colleagues made it without previous experience, we strongly recommend some home training before tackling this task (to get the most out of this experience).
After an overnight stay, you wave goodbye to the cliff face and begin an adventurous and adrenaline-filled descent utilizing a 3 circuit zipline that will take you all the way down to your driver.
Your stay includes transfers, Via Ferrata kit (helmet, gloves, and harness), guided ascent and descent, dinner including wine, and breakfast.
- Bring a small backpack packed with only the essential items for a 1-night stay. Remember that there is a ‘private’ bathroom in your pod with a sink and toilet, but there is no shower.
- Pack a headlamp and hiking shoes for this adventure.
- We recommend avoiding the rainy season (from November through March).
- Although the Sacred Valley is at a lower altitude than Cusco, this activity requires that you be in a good physical condition and if possible, schedule it after at least 2 days of acclimatization.
- This is not an activity for travelers with a fear of heights or who suffer from vertigo.
- Although there is no official minimum recommended age for children, having one experienced with rock climbing ourselves, we can say that 12 years of age should be fine.
We use this hotel in the following journey: