Inkaterra Hacienda Urubamba
Inkaterra Hacienda Urubamba is an elegant hacienda-style hotel located in the Sacred Valley, above the village of Urubamba. What makes this property unique is their ‘earth to table’ concept, with a 10-acre organic plantation where guests are welcome to pick their own produce for their deliciously prepared meals.
Set on 100 acres of spacious gardens, the hotel is surrounded by imposing mountains and offers a true sense of serenity. All rooms in Casa Hacienda as well as the individual casitas (villas) boast spectacular views of the valley. The colonial architecture and Inca décor offer guests a traditional yet luxurious experience.
- Be sure to arrive at lunchtime to take part in the hotel’s complimentary demo on ‘chicha de jora’, a local corn beer, after which you can enjoy a gourmet lunch with views over the scenic community of Huayocari in the Sacred Valley.
- Other complementary activities include getting to know the local crops, birdwatching, and learning about the importance of astronomy in the Andean world.
- Check out the hotel’s Mayu Spa where the property garden’s herbs are used in the treatments.
- All rooms come with a terrace. The main differences between the various room categories are the size and the view.
- For families, we recommend the owner’s quarters which offer lots of space for groups of 4 or 6 guests.
We use this hotel in the following journey: