Santa Rita Winery & Casa Real
If you look for a bold and intimate wine experience close to Santiago de Chile a stay at Santa Rita winery is THE choice. Its 16 room hotel, Casa Real, is surrounded by a private 40-hectare park filled with lush vegetation, ponds, swans, Roman baths, exquisite sculptures, and boxwood labyrinths. The boutique property is just a 45-minute drive from Santiago and nestled along the foot of the Andes in the Maipo Valley.
Each of the rooms feature beautiful views over either the courtyard and fountains or the park and come complete with styled floor to ceiling windows, spacious living space and modern, fully renovated bathrooms. The property exudes an air of its colonial roots with much of its original architecture being intricately and lovingly restored with classic décor touches further adding to this feeling of taking a step back in time.
With wine and tastings being the central focus, you will find an abundance of opportunities to sample some of Chile’s greatest Cabernet Sauvignons as well as tour the vineyards and bodega where the wines are produced.
- The season we suggest for a stay at Casa Real is summer, from December through March.
- The suggested minimum stay we recommend is 2 nights.
- Our 2-night package includes meals, drinks, sparkling wines and premium wines, in-room welcome bottle, premium tour (chapel, cellars, Roman Bath and wine tasting exclusive for hotel guests), a private sunset tasting and mountain bike rides.
- Take the time to explore and photograph the interior of the neo-Gothic chapel built in 1880, designed by German architect Theodor Burchard, and also home to the Andean Museum.
- During your stay, you are able to borrow mountain bikes or indulge in a gourmet picnic on the ground, ask a hotel staff member should you wish to take part in any one of these activities, they will gladly help you.
- If you are unable to spend the night here, then we suggest taking the half-day tour that includes a meal at the on-site restaurant, ‘Doña Paula’, a national monument that serves outstanding traditional Chilean and international dishes and is rated as one of the best hotel restaurants in Chile