Palacio del Inka – A Luxury Collection Hotel
Considered a historic landmark, Palacio del Inka is situated across from the Koricancha (the Temple of the Sun) in the heart of Cusco.
This nearly five-century-old mansion was the first 5* hotel in town and still keeps to its tradition of impeccable service to this day.
Guests that exercise regularly will find the fitness studio and thermal circuit a great plus when picking this property. We used both before hiking the Inca Trail and Rainbow Mountain.
If, after an active day, you don’t feel like leaving the hotel, the lobby bar is a great place to linger and take a break. Delicious finger food and cocktails are offered in a laid-back Inca atmosphere at the lobby bar. It was here that we celebrated the reaching of the summit of Rainbow Mountain. That same evening we had 2 outstanding musicians that played contemporary music (a relief to the ears if you have had your fill of panpipe music in Cusco).
- Oxygen enriched rooms can be booked upon request to help you acclimatize to Cusco’s high altitude.
- Take a look around at the art that is distributed throughout the property. Many of the paintings come from the historic ‘Cusco School’ and provide a deep insight into the artistic history of the country.
- Ask the barkeeper to show the 15-angled-stone in the Inca wall – one of the bar’s highlights.
- Take half a day off to visit the hotel’s Andes spirit spa, which offers indigenous treatments such as body scrubs, massages, foot baths. Relax by taking a dip in the indoor hydrotherapy pool!
- Don’t miss the hotel tour offered to its guests
- If you are a family of 3 ask for the ‘family room’ featuring 3 beds
We used this hotel in the following journeys:
PE-001 – Skylodge & Machu Picchu
PE-003 – Salkantay Trek – Glamping to Machu Picchu
PE-008 – Amazon Treehouse & Machu Picchu
PE-009 – Amazon River Cruise Delfin III & Incas
PE-017 – Machu Picchu & Rainbow Mountain