The following booking conditions form the basis of your contract with Setours S.A. Please read them carefully as they set out our respective rights and obligations. By asking us to confirm your booking, we are entitled to assume that you have had the opportunity to read and have read these booking conditions and agree to them. These booking conditions only apply to holiday arrangements which you book with us and which we agree to make, provide or perform (as applicable) as part of our contract with you. All references in these booking conditions to ‘holiday’, ‘booking’, ‘contract’, ‘package’, ‘tour’ or ‘arrangements’ mean such holiday arrangements unless otherwise stated. In these booking conditions, ‘you’ and ‘your’ refer to all persons named on the booking (including anyone who is added or substituted at a later date) or any of them as the context requires. ‘We’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ means Setours S.A.
Making a Booking
To make a booking, you must complete our booking form. This must be signed (or ticked in the appropriate place on online booking) by the first-named person on the booking (‘party leader’). The party leader must be authorized to make the booking on the basis of these booking conditions by all persons named on the booking and by their parent or guardian for all party members who are under 18 when the booking is made. By signing the booking form, the party leader confirms that he/she is so authorized. The party leader is responsible for making all payments due to us. The party leader must be at least 18 years of age when the booking is made.
Subject to the availability of your chosen arrangements, we will confirm your holiday by issuing a booking status. This receipt will be sent to the party leader. Please check this receipt carefully as soon as it has been received by yourself. Contact us immediately if any information which appears on the confirmation or any other document appears to be incorrect or incomplete as it may not be possible to make changes later.
Securing a Booking
Once a booking status (confirmation) is submitted from our side by email to secure a booking, we must receive payment of the minimum deposit of 10% of the total trip price, per person, (or full payment if booking within 60 days of the start of your trip or at an earlier stage for some trips).
A higher deposit will be payable if any supplier(s) require additional payment at the time of booking / prior to the balance due date.
On occasion, full payment for a service such as your flights may be required at the time of booking.
The applicable deposit will be confirmed at the time of booking.
All clients (including anyone who is added or substituted at a later date), whether booking via our website or by email will be deemed to have agreed to our conditions.
Travel Information & Documents
Seventy (70) days prior travel departure you will receive an invoice with all important information relevant to your holiday package. We strongly advise that you check the details carefully and read the included information.
Recheck all tickets, final itineraries, detailed travel information and a list of passenger names.
Passports, Visas & Health Matters
All travelers must have a passport that is valid for at least six months after the return date. Travelers are solely responsible for meeting necessary passport requirements and paying all associated costs.
General passport and visa requirements applicable at the time of booking will be communicated to the traveler and/or party leader.
However, requirements may change and you must check passport and visa requirements with the embassy or consulate of the country(ies) to or through which you are intending to travel.
It is the party leader’s responsibility to ensure that all members of the party are in possession of all necessary travel and health documents before departure. All costs incurred in obtaining such documentation must be paid by the travel and/or party leader.
We regret that we cannot accept any liability if you are refused entry onto any transport or into any country due to failure on your part to carry all required documentation.
If failure to have any necessary travel or other documents results in fines, surcharges or other financial penalty, costs or expenses being imposed on or incurred by us, you will be responsible for reimbursing us accordingly.
Special Requests and Medical Conditions/Disabilities
Where a special request (e.g. diet, room location, twin or double bedded room, a particular facility at a hotel, flight seat requests and/or particular meals) is an important factor in your choice of holiday, you must advise us at the time of booking.
The provision of any special request does not constitute a term of your contract with us.
Confirmation that a special request has been noted, passed on to the supplier, confirmed on your invoice or any other documentation, is not confirmation that the request will, or can, be met. Unless and until specifically confirmed, all special requests are subject to availability.
If you or any member of your party has any medical condition or disability which may affect your holiday or has any special requirements as a result of said medical condition or disability (including any which affect the booking process) please inform us before the confirmation of your booking so that we can assist you in considering the suitability of the arrangements contained in your initial booking.
You must also promptly advise us of any medical condition or disability which may affect your holiday if said condition or disability arises after your booking has been confirmed.
If we are unable to properly accommodate the particular needs of the person concerned, or if full details are not disclosed at the time of booking regarding the condition/disability which may have developed after booking, we reserve the right to decline/cancel the reservation.
Change of Booking
If you want to change any part of your holiday arrangements after the invoice has been issued, we will do our best to make the change but it may not always be possible. If it is possible to make the change, it will be subject to an administration charge and payment of any further costs incurred as a result of the change.
Should you wish to cancel, cancellation charges will apply. These are calculated from the day written notification is received by us as a percentage of the total trip price per person canceling, excluding any amendment charges. The cancellation charges shown below are those which will apply to most trips. However, some suppliers have conditions that require the payment of higher or different charges (including the imposition of 100% cancellation charges well in advance of the normal balance due date) which you will have to pay in the event of cancellation (eg. Inca Trail permits).
- 61 days or more prior travel date – loss of deposit
- 60 – 41 days prior travel date – 30% of tour cost
- 40 -31 days prior travel date – 60% of tour cost
- 30 – 16 days prior travel date – 80% of tour cost
- Less than 15 days – 100% of tour cost
Any payments for flights are non-refundable.
If your holiday has commenced, 100% of the full holiday package price is charged. There is no refund for unused services, or if portions of the holiday package are missed.
We strongly recommend that comprehensive travel insurance is taken out which includes cover against cancellation charges.
Disruption to Tour & Itinerary Arrangements
Itineraries are intended as a guide only and are subject to alteration without notice. Alternations may be necessary for various reasons including, without limitation, road, river or weather conditions, strikes or other reasons beyond Setours S.A. reasonable control. If conditions render any routes unsafe for navigation, Setours S.A. reserves the right to provide alternative services including, but not limited to accommodation or substitute land arrangements. Under normal conditions, itineraries will operate as far as possible as detailed in our itinerary. However, sometimes for reasons beyond our control, it may be necessary to make alterations to your itinerary. Setours S.A. will not be liable for any direct or indirect costs that you incur as a result of any event or other factor beyond our control that requires a change in your itinerary. Additionally, you are not entitled to any refund for any alterations to your itinerary which are caused by any natural catastrophes such as flood, earthquakes or other events which are beyond our control. Setours S.A. cannot guarantee exact arrival and departure times for carriers and operators used by Setours S.A. and Setours S.A. will not be liable for failure to make connections with any other services or attractions beyond our control.
- Our itineraries include the services of independent suppliers, such as hotels, airlines, cruise companies and other operators, who are not employees of Setours S.A.
- We promise to make sure that the trip arrangements we have agreed to make, perform or provide, as applicable, as part of our contract with you are made, performed or provided with reasonable skill and care. This means that, subject to these conditions and the other information which forms part of your contract with us, we will accept responsibility if your contracted trip arrangements are not provided as promised or prove deficient as a result of the failure of ourselves, our employees, agents or suppliers to use reasonable skill and care in making, performing or providing, as applicable, your contracted trip arrangements. Please note, it is your responsibility to show that reasonable skill and care has not been used if you wish to make a claim against us.
- We will not be responsible for any injury, illness, death, loss (including loss possessions and loss of enjoyment), damage, expense, cost or other sum or claim of any description whatsoever which results from any of the following: – the act(s) and/or omission(s) you or any member(s) of your party or the act(s) and/or omission(s) of a third party not connected with the provision of your trip and which were unavoidable and extraordinary events beyond our control.
- Please note, we cannot accept responsibility for any services which do not form part of our contract. This includes, for example, any additional services or facilities which any supplier agrees to provide for you where the services or facilities are not advertised by us and we have not agreed to arrange them as part of our contract. Any optional excursions or activities booked during your holiday do not form part of our contract as these are all arranged for you directly by the suppliers concerned.
- Optional excursions may, depending on your itinerary, include activities such as climbing, exploring, bike riding, rafting, swimming and snorkeling. You accept and assume all risks involved with these activities.
- If, in the opinion of any representative of Setours S.A., your mental or physical condition is such as to affect your own health and safety, render you incapable to care for yourself, cause you to become a hazard to yourself or other travelers, or result in you becoming objectionable to other travelers or staff, you will not be permitted to embark or continue on the whole or any part of the itinerary. Setours S.A. is not liable for any costs associated with such a decision and you will not be refunded for any part of the itinerary.
- The promises we make to you regarding the services we have agreed to provide or arrange as part of our contract – and the laws and regulations of Peru – will be used as the basis for deciding whether the services in question had been properly provided. Please bear in mind that standards of, for example, safety, hygiene, and quality may vary throughout the destinations, services and transport your trip involves and may be lower than or different to those applicable in your country of origin.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of Peru. All disputes arising out of, under, or in connection with these Terms shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Lima, Peru.